In my previous giveaway, i forgot to include this item, so i’ll do a separate giveaway for this one
SO THIS IS MY CANON 7D. I decided to give it away because I had won it in an auction and I already have a Canon so someone can have this one!
There aren’t many rules. To win this, all you have to do is reblog the image, LIKES DONT COUNT. THE OTHER RULE IS THAT YOU MUST BE FOLLOWING ME http://kellins-selfish-machines.tumblr.com/
If you don’t follow me, reblogging this is pointless. YOU HAVE UNTIL JULY 16TH.
Make sure youre following me for a chance to win http://kellins-selfish-machines.tumblr.com/
(Sorry for the lack of picture, I’ve been really busy and haven’t had time to make them. As soon as I make them I’ll repost the recipe with the picture.)
- 1 cup peanut butter (any kind)
- 1 cup sugar plus a little extra for rolling (white will make the peanut butter stand out, brown…
Matcha green tea “cheese”cake – What you need:
For the base:
- 1 cup of raw Brazil nuts, soaked* 8 hours
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked 8 hours
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of chopped dried figs, packed (8-9 medium figs)
- ¼ tablespoon salt
For the filling:
- 3 cups of raw cashews, soaked 8 hours
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted**
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- zest of one lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon, or just a pinch, of salt
* Soak your cashews (or any nut that you want to blend or use as a base for 8 to 10 hours in enough water to completely cover them, and then some. Keep them in the fridge while soaking.)
** To make it “truly” raw, melt your coconut oil in a bowl that is resting in hot (but not boiling) water. If you don’t mind about the genuine raw aspect, you can pop it in the microwave, and check on it frequently. You want the oil barely melted. I did it the raw “genuine” way to stick to the spirit of the raw cake!
Matcha green tea “cheese”cake – What you do:
Soak your cashews and Brazil nuts for 8 hours in a sealed container in your fridge.
Rinse them very well with fresh water after the soaking period, set aside.
In a food processor, combine the nuts, figs, cocoa, and salt (all of the base ingredients). Blend until the mixture sticks together well, and starts to form a ball. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
Press the base mixture into a spring form pan firmly.
Rest in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
To prepare the filling, gently heat the coconut oil until barely melted. Add the agave syrup and mix well.
Put the cashews, lemon juice, matcha powder, salt, and the oil/agave mixture into a food processor.
Blend until everything is EXTREMELY smooth. I first blended for about 3 minutes, and then I scraped down the sides of the food processor and stirred it up a bit by hand.
Then, I blended for about 3 to 5 more minutes, repeated the stirring procedure, and then finally let it go for another minute or two.
Taste the batter as you go along… add more matcha if you want a stronger matcha flavour, add more agave if you want a sweeter cake, etc.
Remove the base from the fridge and pour the cashew filling into the pan.
Smooth it all out and tap the pan on the counter a few times to spread the filling evenly in the pan.Ideally, place the cake in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours, minimum, or over night for best results. I don’t have a freezer, and just used the fridge – it turned out fine! If you do use a freezer, allow the cake to thaw slightly (20 to 30 minutes) before serving.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding a headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 (I hope you are ALWAYS out of WD 40 and that you use just oil -Unprocessed Mama) and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown to reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemicals will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the
surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won’t leave streaks and won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the
cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!
Vegetable sushi - You can really make it your own by adding your favorite vegetables. Maybe mushrooms, green onions, yellow peppers, or celery. And instead of cream cheese, you could also try hummus. The options are endless!…RECIPE
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
- Recovery - This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power - This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless - This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It - Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox - Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.
Frozen Coconut Peach Bites. 3 ingredient simple frozen treats. Beats a store bought popsicle any day.
1 cup coconut milk (from a can)
1 peach, chopped
1/4 cup currants (optional or substitute blueberries)